Who needs a book club when you can have a fun poker club? Even better, a ladies-only one! Ha!
Ladies know how to bluff, fold, and yes, have nuts! For those non-poker types, nuts don’t mean those little tasty nuggets in a bowl, it means the best possible hand on the table.
Here are 6 easy steps for a successful poker club party:
- Organize a group of your coolest and best poker face gal pals. It’s ok if they’ve never played before — this is all to help your group learn how to be better players.
- Choose a poker nickname for each gamester or have each pocket rocket choose their own. Name tags are optional. Ha!
- Create a themed dinner for each poker night accompanied by a creative cocktail to start off the evening. I have a slew of menu and drink ideas. Just Ask!
- Decide ahead of time what type of poker game you’ll be playing such as Texas Hold’em, 7-card stud, 5-card stud, 5-card draw and if you’re really good, play Omaha.
- Create poker-hand rankings cheat sheet (typed, of course!) for all the new players so they know which hands are the best to bet on. Or learn how to bluff successfully!
- Have your group bring their sunnies or provide some for each guest! This helps the bad bluffers. Ha!
Hollywooding is a must!